PILM has been producing underpinners for more than 30 years. The models we offer range from the most simple machines to the most sofisticated ones, in order to meet all market needs. All models are table-top, as this solution is more suitable for the framers'work.
PILM underpinners are produced in three main series:
- MECHANICAL UNDERPINNERS;
- PNEUMATIC UNDERPINNERS WITH FIXED NAILING HEAD;
- PNEUMATIC AND ELECTRO-PNEUMATIC UNDERPINNERS WITH SLIDING NAILING HEAD.
Explaining the different functioning principles, it will be easier to understand which is the most suitable model for each operator's requirements.
MECHANICAL FOOT OPERATED UNDERPINNERS : JOINT 5x5 MEC and JOINT 5x5 MEC S;
JOINT 5x5 MEC and JOINT5x5 MEC S are professional mechanical foot operated machines. All the above mentioned machines have a pedal that operates a leverage that first clamps the frames to be joined and then insert the staple. Easy, reliable, safe machines.
PNEUMATIC UNDERPINNERS WITH FIXED NAILING HEAD : JOINT 5x5 serie
Pneumatic machines very easy to use; a simple compressor with a 4l. tank is enough for feeding. Mostly suitable for medium-small profiles not very shaped because it's necessary to move the frame for inserting two or more parallel staples since the machine has a fixed nailing head. JOINT 5x5 series are two:
- JOINT 5x5A and JOINT 5x5AS operated by a double stroke pedal: first stroke clamps the moulding, second inserts the staple. This kind of functioning makes the machine really convenient but the operator must be careful to the double stroke movement on the pedal.
- JOINT 5x5 and JOINT 5x5 SUPER have a different working cycle. They work with pneumatic logical, it means that it's enough to step the pedal and the machine makes a complete working cycle. This allows high working speed and special solutions such as the possibility to work in manual and automatic mode: in this second case, by stepping the pedal, the frame is clamped and the joint can be checked before inserting the staple.
PNEUMATIC AND ELECTRO-PNEUMATIC UNDERPINNERS WITH SLIDING NAILING HEAD:JUMBO JOINTs
The main characteristic of these underpinners is the sliding nailing head: by stepping the pedal the frame is clamped and, manually or automatically, the nailing head can be displaced to the different points where the staples must be inserted.
This solution is particularly important for shaped and medium-large sized profiles. According to the different automatic functioning, JUMBO JOINT machines can be divided into three models:
- JUMBO JOINT MANUAL, JUMBO JOINT MANUAL EC and JUMBO JOINT MANUAL ECW where the pneumatic functioning is foot-operated and the nailing head movement is manually operated.
- JUMBO JOINT AUTOMATICA 3P and JUMBO JOINT AUTOMATICA EC 2P: both pneumatic and electronic functioning are foot-operated by the pedal and a small programming computer can be set to insert one or more superimposed staples in one, two or three independent positions.
- JUMBO JOINT AUTOMATIC 5MP: electronic-pneumatic machine very easy to operate that can insert staples in one to five different indipendent positions with stroke of 155 mm. 250 different working cycles can be stored in memory. The perfect machine for the framer that needs to work with lots of different profiles.
All PILM underpinners can be equipped with a wide range of ACCESSORIES such as stands, extensions, flexible lamp, etc. in order to make our JOINT and JUMBO JOINT underpinners even more practical and complete.